Studio Practice project 1


 
Final outcome of the whole case of the aquarium

For my Studio Practice project, I presented a show case (vintage case) with a set of images placed in a single well researched location, that could relate to my Reflective Practice project of fantasy creatures. To produce a well thought location, I decided to take photos of some buildings along the seafront of Hastings. Along the way I came across some shops, museums and the Bluereef aquarium. In the end I thought the Bluereef aquarium would be prefect for a scenery to create my own underwater creatures. Instead of having them placed in a museum, which could take them out of their natural habitat.

After looking and studying the sea life in the aquarium and get some photo references, I drew some new fantasy creatures that can live underwater. To make the creatures stand out more and look more 3D within the background I created a mobile inside the case to hang each creature individually and make the mobile look like an octopus. Altogether the entire scene is based on an underwater tank background at the aquarium, with a sand ocean floor. But to have fantasy creatures instead of creatures that you see in books and on TV.


Fantasy sea life creature 1
Fantasy sea life creature 3
Fantasy sea life creature 2



Seaweed as decoration for the ocean floor





Title of the building and octopus head to go on top of the mobile






Octopus tentacles as the hangers of the mobile to hold the creatures 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Star Constellations

The Journey